Wednesday, November 7, 2007

do work!

Well, where to start. I’ll start with an apology for not having written sooner, but I’ve been totally exhausted. Last weekend was the university’s big student festival. During this festival students make international food booths and sell food for two days in the hopes of making a profit. This goes on as all the school clubs perform at a center stage that the food booths encircle. I made the ever American cheeseburger. It turned out wonderfully and we were completely sold out of burgers by 2:00 on the second day. It was fun and I got to know some of the other Jasin students a lot better however the festival days started early and ended late so sleep and relaxation did not happen. This week is also a big week in terms of my actual classes because I have several major projects due all at the same time so forgive me if this seems brief. I’m very very excited because this weekend I’ve been invited to go camping with Mark T., his son, John-O, and Danny in the middle of Kyushu’s deciduous forest. It also just so happens to be the peak of the leaf-changing season so it should be beautiful. I’ll have more later after things settle down a little.

3 comments:

Matt said...

I heard that the hot dogs didn't fare as well...

Andrew said...

you're right. . . not sure why. I think when you hand a nice neat Japanese person a chilly dog, they kinda freak out and think "how the hell do I eat this thing?" and they eventually figure out that it is a messy food. But I'd say that is the reason behind the slightly lower sails.

Family said...

Hello, Andrew!

I know you're probably wondering "why is the sender listed as Family?" Obviously I used the same user name & password we set up to make comments on Andrea's blog. She just sent the link to your blog which we didn't have before.

Glad to see you are exhausting yourself and taking in the full experience! Your hike sounded awesome. Time moves all too quickly, no? We were in Japan for 10 days and it was a phenomenal experience, especially our visit to Mt. Fuji and to Hakone for the hot spring baths. We also visited Tokyo, Kyoto, and Osaka. Eight rolls of film are yet to be developed and I can't wait to see some of the images. Tried to take pictures of people and situations to show what life is like there.

I hope you will have the chance to visit us over the holidays and share some of your experiences. Andrea said you were traveling to Osaka next weekend... have a great time and Happy Thanksgiving! Pumpkin pie, anyone??

Andrea's Mom (Madge)